Contact Us


Please feel free to contact any member of our friendly staff regarding your special event or filming needs.
Our office is located at:

City of Long Beach - Special Events & Filming
211 E. Ocean Blvd.
Suite 410
Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone:  (562) 570-5333    Fax:  (562) 570-5335
After Hours Line: (562) 570-5339



The City of Long Beach Film Office issues an average of 500 permits a year with an average of 700 production days. We are a full-service operation dedicated to promoting Long Beach as a film-friendly region, coordinating and facilitating the permission process and serving as a liaison with local government, the community and the production industry. The role of the film staff is to provide service and assistance to film, television, music, commercial production and still photography businesses to promote economic prosperity. One example of our commitment to you and the success of your production is our one-stop permitting process and your ability to access the permitting office via the Internet. This will give you the ability to access permit applications, insurance requirements and other pertinent information regarding filming within the City of Long Beach.  

Fill out an online permit application >>


Special Events

The Office of Special Events and Filming is the bureau within the City Manager Department responsible for permitting all special events and film productions within the City of Long Beach. Our staff strives to provide year-round events to cultivate civic pride, social awareness and cultural enrichment for residents and visitors by permitting special event activities such as, festivals, runs / walks, and citywide holiday celebrations. By doing this, we help build a foundation that fosters sustainable community development, economic development and tourism. In addition, the Office of Special Events and Filming is responsible for all street closures pertaining to block parties, parades, filming and other events taking place in parks or on public property. We are also responsible for managing the Street Banner Program.

Read more ...